Art of Pure Food

Yesterday started smoothly with my morning practices and rituals but that would all change when I arrived at The Yoga Institute to teach the wednesday morning 9 am class.  The lock was ajar so my key wouldn't work.  Students began to arrive to find the teacher locked out!  But with some ingenuity and persistence, we got the key to work - late but we were in! So, I taught a 50-55 minute class instead of the usual 75 minute class.  It went well.  I attended Nancy's 10:30 yoga basics class and enjoyed a long savasana - just what I needed after the bumpy start to my class.


After yoga, Nancy and I enjoyed lunch at Houston's only raw/living foods restaurant, Art of Pure Food.  Art of Pure Food serves vegan raw/living food. What is vegan raw/living food?  Vegan raw/living food is fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, & sprouts prepared without heating the food above 108 degrees to preserve the enzymes.   


I had the spinach, arugula, and pear salad to start and the red beet ravioli with "goat cheese".  Of course, since this is a vegan restaurant, it really wasn't goat cheese!


red beet ravioli with "goat cheese"

I ate the salad before it occurred to me to take pictures!  Sorry, I was hungry!

Nancy had the "salmon" pate served on a bed of spinach and the Broccoli and "cheese" cannoli - not really salmon or cheese.  I'm not quite sure why the reference to animal products. It's vegan!

Broccoli and "cheese" cannoli

It was all delicious!  I'm planning a return visit as I write.  The restaurant is currently in a soft opening so I recommend calling before making the trip.  It' s located on Memorial Drive and Tully (outside Beltway 8).


Check it out!

Comments

Popular Posts